Safety, Training & Compliance
Leaders in Safety Excellence
January 25, 2018-Celebrating 900 days with zero LTI
Westcan Services Inc. is committed to ensuring that all our employees are safety certified and educated on company safety policies, industry safety regulations and all related policy/regulation changes as they become current. In this manner, we fulfill our ability to meet or exceed our service and safety goals as well as rise to the challenges presented to us by industry in general.
As part of Westcan Services Inc’s ongoing commitment to our Health, Safety, Environment & Transportation program company wide Health & Safety meetings are held monthly. H.S.E. meetings are an opportunity to review any internal, Client/Customer or industry related safety concerns (accidents, illness, material loss, or near-miss incidents, hazardous conditions) and make any necessary improvements and/or corrections to current policies, practices, and procedures. In addition to our monthly meeting our employees are trained in the use and are required to complete Vehicle/Equipment Pre/Post trip inspections, Pre-Work hazard assessments, Pre-Work safety meetings & Emergency response plans prior to commencing work activities daily.
Westcan Services Inc. completes an in-house training program consisting of but not limited to company orientation, on the job training & safety training in personnel protective equipment, heat stress, cold stress, fire safety, bloodborne pathogens, ladder safety & aerial lift safety. In addition to our in-house training program Westcan Services Inc. requires our employees to hold the following 3rd party safety training & certifications:
- Enform: E.G.S.O. (Electronic General Safety Orientation)
- Enform: P.S.T. (Petroleum Safety Training)
- Enform: H2S Alive
- Global: Ground Disturbance Level II (Supervisor)
- Industry Recognised Fall Protection Training
- Industry Recognised Confined Space Entry & Rescue
- Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association S.C.O.T
- Red Cross or Saint Johns First Aid & C.P.R.
- Danatec: T.D.G. (Transportation of Dangerous Goods)
- Danatec: WHIMIS 2015 (Workplace Hazardous Material Information System)
Health & Safety
Westcan Services Inc. employs a full-time Health & Safety Rep with specialized training in:
Saskatchewan Ministry of Labour Relations & Workplace Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety Level I
- Occupational Health & Safety Level II
Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association N.C.S.O. & H.S.A. Course Load.
- S.C.S.A. Leadership in Safety Excellence
- S.C.S.A. WHMIS 2015 Train the Trainer
- S.C.S.A. Claims Management
- S.C.S.A. Safety Management
- S.C.S.A. Contractor Training
- S.C.S.A. Confined Space & Respiratory Protection Awareness Training
- S.C.S.A. Basic Training Techniques
- S.C.S.A Safety Auditor Training
- S.C.S.A. Safety Administration
Developing our people, Growing our business